Create a Video that Makes a Difference!
Do you have what it takes to make a compelling video about blood donation?
We want to see! We also want to thank you for educating others on blood donation with your video by giving you the chance to win a NEW iPad. Finalists in this contest will each receive a $25 Best Buy gift card.
This year's theme: Why is blood donation important?
Tell us why blood donation is important to the community, to blood recipients, or to yourself. Get creative and help us inform others of this valuable community service.
You can make a difference with your video. If you need some help getting started, browse our website. We have information about giving blood, blood recipients, 56 Facts About Blood Donation and so much more! Below is some general information on this contest. If you can't find an answer to your question, email email@example.com.
- Who can enter this contest?
- Students who are in high school (home school programs are acceptable) or attending a college (online included) and live in LifeShare's service area are eligible to enter a video submission. You do not have to be a blood donor to enter this contest
- When is this contest?
- We will be accepting submissions August 1 - November 15, 2014. Submissions must be either emailed or postmarked no later than Saturday, November 15, 2014.
- What are you looking for in the winning video(s)?
- A panel of LifeShare employees will judge the video entries based on creativity, theme and informative/inspirational content expressed in the video. Five finalists will be chosen, and one winner will be selected from an online poll of these five finalists.
- What will the winner and finalists receive?
- The contest winner will receive a NEW iPad and the other finalists will each receive a $25 Best Buy gift card.
- How long does my video submission have to be?
- Videos must be between 6 seconds to 5 minutes long.
- Can I submit more than one video?
- Multiple video submissions are acceptable.
- Can we submit videos as a team?
- Applicants can enter as a team if they so choose, but only one prize will be awarded per entry. Submission and release forms for each team member must be filled out and sent in with the video entry.
- Where can we submit our videos?
- Submissions can either be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using a link to the video or a video file that doesn’t exceed 100MB, or mail DVD/CD to LifeShare Blood Centers at 8910 Linwood Avenue Shreveport, LA 71106; Attention: Katie Sexton, Digital Media and Promotions Specialist. (Submission and release forms must be submitted with video entries.)
- What video formats are acceptable to submit?
- Acceptable file formats include: .MPEG4, .MPEG, .MPG, .MOV, .AVI, 3GP, .WMV, .MP4, .M4V, .FLV
- Where can I find the submission forms for this contest?
- Click this link for the submission form and a complete list of contest guidelines: StudentVideoContest_SubmissionForm.pdf. Persons who plan to appear in the video are required to complete the attached Authorization and Release Form for Persons Appearing in Video Submission.
- How can my video submission be disqualified?
- We ask that video content be tasteful and not include such things as: sex, nudity, hate speech, illegal acts, crude language, profanity and shocking or dangerous material. Use of these elements will cause the video to be disqualified. Use of copyrighted material should fall under the Fair Use Policy (http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html). Do not use copyrighted material without written permission.
- How will the winners of this contest be announced?
- All applicants will receive email notification when all parts of their submissions have been received. Finalists and winner will be notified through the contact information provided in their submission form. The finalists and winner of this contest will be announce on our Facebook page and website.